Share Your Rosacea Story for a Chance to Win a Trip to NYC
The National Rosacea Society and Galderma Laboratories, makers of Mirvaso and Metrogel, are teaming up to celebrate the face of rosacea. All it takes is a moment of braveness and a quick essay and you could be whisked off to NYC for the 2015 New York Film Festival. This trip is all-expenses paid and includes round trip plane tickets for two, a three-night stay in a NYC hotel, transportation to and from the airport and the film festival, $1,000 in spending money, and two tickets into the New York Film Festival being held in late-September through October 11th.
This contest comes following the results of a nationwide survey of 844 dermatologists and rosacea patients regarding the effects of rosacea. While rosacea does not harm the body, it definitely eats away at a sufferer's self-esteem. Results of the survey found:
- 77 percent of rosacea patients report wearing much heavier make-up after rosacea set in.
- More than 60 percent of rosacea patients are unaware that humidity and exercise can trigger a flare up.
- More than 50 percent of rosacea patients avoid talking to their doctor about the emotional distress rosacea causes.
- Over 40 percent of those surveyed reported being embarrassed by their condition.
- 30 percent do not do anything to treat the redness, bumps, pustules, and inflamed skin, that rosacea causes.
- About 3 out of 10 rosacea sufferers report not having confidence because of their red face
- Many people simply believe they have acne and use over-the-counter acne products to treat rosacea, which can make the condition worse.
Ready to Enter?
Ready to enter? You can enter up to five times from now until June 24, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. EST. All it takes is the courage to take a selfie without any makeup on. Next, write a 100+ word essay on "staying confident on tough skin days." Upload your photo and essay at breakupwithmakeup.com, and you're set. Starting in July, people from around the United States can read the essays, look at the pictures, and vote on their favorites.