Share Your Rosacea Story for a Chance to Win a Trip to NYCThe National Rosacea Society and Galderma Laboratories, makers of Mirvaso and Metrogel, are teaming up to celebrate the face of rosacea. All it takes is a moment of braveness and a quick essay and you could be whisked off to NYC for the 2015 New York Film Festival. This trip is all-expenses paid and includes round trip plane tickets for two, a three-night stay in a NYC hotel, transportation to and from the airport and the film festival, $1,000 in spending money, and two tickets into the New York Film Festival being held in late-September through October 11th. This contest comes following the results of a nationwide survey of 844 dermatologists and rosacea patients regarding the effects of rosacea. While rosacea does not harm the body, it definitely eats away at a sufferer’s self-esteem. Results of the survey found:
- 77 percent of rosacea patients report wearing much heavier make-up after rosacea set in.
- More than 60 percent of rosacea patients are unaware that humidity and exercise can trigger a flare up.
- More than 50 percent of rosacea patients avoid talking to their doctor about the emotional distress rosacea causes.
- Over 40 percent of those surveyed reported being embarrassed by their condition.
- 30 percent do not do anything to treat the redness, bumps, pustules, and inflamed skin, that rosacea causes.
- About 3 out of 10 rosacea sufferers report not having confidence because of their red face
- Many people simply believe they have acne and use over-the-counter acne products to treat rosacea, which can make the condition worse.