Andalou Hemp Face Wash
All the buzz about using hemp to treat rosacea has caught my attention. If CBD oil helps ease redness and inflammation, I'm in. The problem is that what works for some people doesn't always help my rosacea. Some products have worsened the redness, itching, and flare-ups.
To try it out, I purchased two items. Andalou Naturals CannaCell Cleansing Foam is one of them. I've had good luck in the past with other Andalou skincare products. I ordered the foam to see what would happen. It's now day four and I'm impressed.
My Rosacea Problems
Since temperatures dropped and my heating system has been turned on, I've experienced very dry, itchy, red skin. I'm also seeing an increase in the rosacea pimples. Those were the problems I'm trying to ease.
CannaCell lists these as benefits:
- Aloe vera – Hydrates and improves the skin's natural protective barrier.
- Hemp seed oil – Nourishes skin with minerals, nutrients, proteins, and vitamins.
- Vitamin C – Antioxidants that help protect the complexion and health of the skin cells.
Ingredients in Andalou CannaCell Cleansing Foam Rosacea Face Wash
Andalou CannaCell Cleaning Foam ingredients, along with the purpose of some of them, are as follows:
- Aloe leaf juice
- Purified water
- Cocomidopropyl betaine (surfactant derived from coconut oil)
- Vegetable glycerin
- Sorbitol (helps protect against moisture loss)
- Sodium methyl 2-sulfolaurate (surfactant derived from coconut oil)
- Disodium 2-sulfolaurate (surfactant derived from coconut oil)
- Panthenol (vitamin B5)
- Sodium lauroyl methyl isethionate
- Sucrose cocoate (surfactant derived from coconut oil)
- Hemp seed oil
- Vitamin C
- Hemp cell extract
- Resveratrol (antioxidant)
- Allantoin (increases water content in skin cells)
- Tocopherol (vitamin E)
- Lactic acid (alpha-hydroxy acid that stimulates collagen production)
- Sodium benzoate (preservative)
- Potassium sorbate (preservative)
- Ethylexylglycerin (preservative)
- Tangerine peel oil (cleansing properties)
- Petitgrain flower oil (aids moisture balance)
- Roman chamomile flower oil (eases inflammation)
- Limonene (calming antioxidant)
My Experience With This Hemp Face Wash for Rosacea
The scent of Andalou CannaCell Cleansing Foam is unusual, but I liked it. It's citrusy but also herbal. You can pick up the scent of the tangerine peel oil and limonene, but there's also the slight aroma of herbs from the hemp. I liked it. My daughter found it too herbal for her liking and said it was unpleasant.
The foam goes a long way. You just need the one squirt to adequately wash your entire face with the foaming cleanser. One thing I noticed right after using it is that the itching my skin had been experiencing improved. My skin felt less oily in the T-zone, but the dry patches were better. Four days later, the dry, flaky areas I had starting have gone away. The number of rosacea pimples has also decreased. I still have them but only a few now compared to the dozen that had appeared since October.
Is my rosacea still as red and inflamed? No, the wash seems to have helped with that too. I'm currently using the Vanicream I always use for a moisturizer in the winter. I will be switching that to a hemp seed oil serum for the face next week to see what happens. I wanted to give the Andalou CannaCell Cleansing Foam a full week before testing anything else new.
I'm pleased by this hemp face wash for rosacea. It's a clear winner so far.